Thank you for your interest in the JH SafeRide program. This service has been created to provide safe travel between your home and school for Johns Hopkins University pre-doctoral students of SOM, SON or JHSPH who live near the Johns Hopkins East Baltimore medical campus.
Who is eligible
All Johns Hopkins University pre-doctoral students of SOM, SON or JHSPH who reside within a *1.5 mile radius from the Johns Hopkins East Baltimore medical campus per the home address listed in their school record.
*Based on GPS coordinates from radius centerpoint 601 N. Broadway.
JH SafeRide Facts
- 42 free rides per calendar month
- Pick-up and drop-off locations must be within the established 1.5 mile perimeter and must be to/from a Johns Hopkins East Baltimore campus facility and to/from the home address listed in the student's school record.
- Program Hours:
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 AM, 7 Days
- Program participants will be responsible for any fees incurred for rides that do not meet the program criteria (no exceptions)
How to sign up
- Login to this portal using your normal JH login information and follow the prompts.
- You will receive notification of your eligibility status and further instructions if applicable.
- Information will be verified to ensure that enrollees meet the eligibility requirements.
- Those who meet eligibility requirements will be enrolled and will receive an instructional email from LYFT.
- You will not be able to use the JH SafeRide program benefits until all processing is completed.
Note: We are unable to predict processing wait times during the initial sign-up phase of this program due to expected volumes. The current Vehicle Escort Program (VES) program will remain in service for all other eligible riders.
In order to administer the JHSafeRide Program, Johns Hopkins will receive information related to the rides you take under this program from Lyft, which includes but is not limited to your name, the time of your rides, and the pick up and drop off locations.